By Abby Berman Mazenod
These protein packed pops are a great way to chill out this summer!
Inspired by the delicious avocado smoothies I had a few summers ago in Morocco (I was obsessed!) I wanted to try making a similar tart avocado popsicle! These low-calorie, low-carb pops are a good source of protein, and omega-3 fatty acids. And they are a great snack to cool you down in the scorching summertime heat.
- 1 avocado
- 1 cup nonfat greek yogurt
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- sweetener of choice (I used 6 packets of stevia-the pops are supposed to be really sweet)
- Blend all ingredients until it is a thick custardy consistency. ( I was able to fit all ingredients into my magic bullet)
- Taste test to make sure the pops are sweet enough.
- Pour into popsicle molds. (Mine made 6 small popsicles)
- Freeze for about 3 hours. (depending on popsicle size)
*Note- Nutrition facts will vary depending on your size of popsicles in the mold. My popsicle mold makes 6 small popsicles, so my nutrition facts are based on that measurement.
Nutrition Facts (per popsicle)
- Fat (g)-3.9
- Carbs (g)-3.8
- Protein (g)-4.5
Enjoy the rest of your summer! Stay cool!